Monday, August 15, 2016

Hershey's & Reese's Snack Mix, Werther's Caramel Popcorn

I received a few candy-related items and decided they made as much sense grouped together as anything else, so here they are!

 Reese's Snack Mix. It truly bothers me that the label is not aligned with the shape of the container. Inside, I found baby Reese's PB cups, Reese's Pieces, peanuts, and little pretzel bbs (The size of a Reese's Piece, but round). The ratio is pretty good, you're not getting a can of pretzels with two cups or anything. But it's maybe too even. Those little cups are really sweet. The pretzels are okay, nothing to write home about. The Pieces are delicious, as always. The peanuts are over-roasted, though. This was the most promising of the three and I am disappointed. I'll just take the Reese's Pieces plain and add them to my popcorn myself. 

I was not excited about the Hershey's Snack Mix. I'm not a huge Hershey's bar fan, except in the case of s'mores, where they are required. The mix includes mini Hershey's bars, pretzel bbs, roasted almonds, and little chocolate balls. The almonds are toasted well and lightly salted. Pretzel bbs are the same as the Reese's Mix ones. Baby Hershey's bars are.. baby Hershey bars. The little chocolate balls... I don't know what's going on there and I don't like it. They're a little salty, and something about them really enhances that whole vomit flavor Hershey's can have. 

Payday Snack Bites! I enjoy the occasional Pay Day and was looking forward to this. There is something different about these. A snack-size Payday has a nougat core, caramel, and salted peanuts. I assumed these would be maybe half of a snack size bar. There's some sort of candy coating ( like white "chocolate") on the outside and the flavor is off. Why did they change it? Why?

The bag tells you all you need to know, really. Werther's Caramel plus popcorn. It's a winning combination. It's not some revolution in the caramel popcorn game, but it is delicious. This is the best caramel popcorn I've had recently.

No comments: